Data Scientist at Connected Cars
Connected Cars is working on an ambitious project to connect millions of car owners with their vehicles by hooking into the on-board diagnostics available in every modern car, and we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join us on that journey.
Our mission is to enable safer, more sustainable, and more convenient mobility to the world through responsible and transparent data collection and sharing. Our team consists of 50 people from different backgrounds, brought together by a shared belief in team effort and fun at work.
We are looking to expand our data science team with skilled data scientists/engineers to help us scale our products to support new features and analytics as we connect more cars and users.
Our solution allows you to explore large data sets from a broad range of interesting sources. We’re currently processing more than 75 million events a day and have billions of data points in our data sets. Using these, you will help create data-driven solutions and products that support both customers and 3rd parties and which give the best possible interaction and experience.
In this position you will be part of a data science team often working closely with developers and other stakeholders. We focus on minimal overhead and bureaucracy as we want to make sure that independence and the power to make decisions stay within the teams. This means that teams have a lot of influence on how they work, what they focus on and how they deliver new features and functionality.
As a data scientist/engineer at Connected Cars you will be working with our large data sets to explore new ways of producing, processing and analyzing data in order to gain insights into both our solutions and our end-users’ data, and with developing data quality and monitoring of the large streams of data.
What we are looking for
A data scientist who has an interest in the development of our solution and technical end-to-end responsibility to solve challenging problems alongside an interest in data exploration. It’s a plus if you like to learn new things and know how to leverage your experience across technology stacks and languages.
We are looking for both junior and more experienced candidates, and since data science can be approached from either mathematics/natural science or computer science stand points we are interested in broad data science profiles.
The perfect candidate would have experience with the following, but some of these items can be taught by on-the-job training, so do not get discouraged if you do not meet them all:
- Coding experience in Python preferably with knowledge of version control in Git
- Ability to develop rapid prototypes and visualizations in Python
- Familiarity with databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL or similar
- A flair for data extraction, transformation and loading processes
- Strong visual and verbal communication skills
- Focus on doing things right with clean and reusable code of high quality
- Has an interest in development and codes in his/her spare time
- GitHub or similar account with sample code
- Open Source experience
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a journey to develop the connected car experience of the future
- Highly skilled and dedicated co-workers to learn from
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Flexible working hours and location
- Employee discounts on cars, repairs, etc. for yourself and your family
- Optional company car package
- Laptop of your choice
- Cheap lunch scheme
- All the snacks you can eat and drink
How to apply
To apply just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Updated CV or link to your LinkedIn profile
- Link to GitHub or similar with examples of your work
If you have any questions about the position please contact Thomas Jansson, our Head of Data Science, at email@example.com or + 45 29 72 23 92
Note that we are only looking for on-site candidates at our location in the Copenhagen area, Denmark
About Connected Cars
Connected Cars is funded and owned by Semler Group, a family owned business, the exclusive Danish importer of Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Lotus, Bentley and Lamborghini.
Connected cars is part of Semler Innovation together with number of other startups focusing on mobility, including holo who are focusing on self-driving vehicles and Dribe, a flexible approach to car leasing.