Senior Backend Developer at Connected Cars
Connected Cars is working on an ambitious project to connect millions of car-owners with their vehicles by hooking into the on-board diagnostics available in every modern car, and we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join us on that journey. Our mission is to enable safer, more sustainable, and more convenient mobility to the world through responsible and transparent data collection and sharing. Our team consists of around 40 people from different backgrounds, brought together by a shared belief in team effort, fun at work, and delivering quality.
We believe in release early, release often, which is why we run several daily releases using our continuous integration and deployment setup.
Developers work in small teams of about 7-8 people each. We focus on minimal overhead and bureaucracy as we want to ensure independence and that decision power stays within the teams. This means that teams have a lot of influence on how they work, what they focus on, and how they deliver new features and functionality.
You will mainly be working with our APIs, backend applications and high-level embedded applications. You’ll be responsible for moving your own code into production.
We prefer you to work primarily on-site with us in our Copenhagen office, but we are open to let the right candidate work remotely from within the EU.
What we’re looking for
We don’t expect you to tick every box in our current tech stack. What matters is that you have some experience as a developer, you like to learn, and know how to leverage your experience across technology stacks and languages.
But here’s what would be a good fit:
- Experience in more than one technology stack
- RESTful/GraphQL APIs in Node.js, Go or similar
- MySQL, PostgreSQL or similar
- Dependency management tools like Yarn or npm
- Continuous integration and test driven development
- Focus on quality and doing things right
- Working with large data sets (terabytes)
You get extra points, if you:
- Code in your spare time
- Have GitHub or a similar account with sample code
- Have Open Source development experience
What’s in it for you?
- Work with one of the largest and broadest IoT/telematics data sets in the industry
- Be part of a journey to develop the car owner experience of the future
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Flexible working hours and location
- Employee discounts on cars (incl. leases and repairs) for yourself and your family
- Laptop of your choice
- Cheap lunch scheme
- All the snacks and sodas you can consume
- Great beers on Fridays (and yes, we’re open to suggestions)
- Strong Open Source commitment
How to apply
To apply just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, including an updated CV or link to your LinkedIn profile.
If you’d like to get to know more about the position contact Bo, one of our Technical Leads either through e-mail or phone:
- Bo Winther email@example.com, +45 30 28 20 58
About Connected Cars
Connected Cars is funded and owned by Semler Group, a family owned business, the exclusive Danish importer of Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Lotus, Bentley and Lamborghini.
Connected cars is part of Semler Innovation together with number of other startups focusing on mobility, including holo who are focusing on self-driving vehicles and Dribe, a flexible approach to car leasing.